Cream of Endive Soup with Rosemary Parmesan Crisps
2 tbsp butter
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 heads California Endive, coarsely chopped
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 large sprigs fresh rosemary
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1. For the soup, heat butter in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat until melted. Add onions and salt, and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
2. Add endive and cook until leaves are wilted, 2 or 3 minutes. Season with pepper.
3. Add chicken broth and rosemary sprigs and bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Remove rosemary sprigs. Use an immersion blender or transfer to a food processor and puree.
5. For the crisps, preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
6. Mix parmesan and rosemary in a small bowl, then make even 6 mounds on the prepared baking sheet. Spread into a small circle, about 3 inches in diameter and press down gently.
7. Bake 5 minutes, until crisp and lightly browned.
8. Dish out soup with a few rosemary leaves for garnish and serve crisps on the side. Serves 6.
Carolyn Ketchum is one of five food bloggers associated with our OnDiva ambassadorship. She is the writer and recipe developer behind the food blog, All Day I Dream About Food.