Endive Salad with Beets, Chicken and Pistachios
5 tbsp rice vinegar
½ c. oil (canola or sunflower)
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 grilled chicken breast, sliced
½ cup lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1 red California endive
1 white California endive
1 cup spinach
1 cup arugula
2 beets, scrubbed, trimmed and cut into ¼-inch slices
½ cup pistachios
- Pre-heat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Dip chicken in lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Cook on prepared grill 8 to 12 minutes per side.
Combine all ingredients in bowl and whisk together until emulsified.
- Cut endive leaves crosswise in 1/2" pieces.
- In a separate bowl dress and toss the endive, spinach and arugula.
- Top the dressed greens and endive with chicken, beets and pistachios. Serves 2-3.
Wine suggestion: Pinot Gris