Grilled Endive with Pistachios, Dried Cherries and Feta Cheese
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp minced fresh rosemary
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
4 heads endive, cut in half lengthwise
1/4 cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
1/4 cup dried cherries (chopped if they are large)
3 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
1. In a shallow glass baking dish, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Add the endive and toss to coat.
2. Preheat the grill to medium heat. Lightly brush the grill with canola oil.
3. Place the endive on the grill and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the endive. The endive should be tender, with grill marks.
4. In a small bowl, combine the pistachios, dried cherries and feta cheese.
5. Divide the cooked endive between 4 plates and top each serving with some of the pistachio mixture. Serve.
Dara Michalski is one of five food bloggers associated with our OnDiva ambassadorship. She is the writer, recipe developer and photographer behind the award-winning food blog, Cookin’ Canuck.