Shrimp and Avocado Spears
2 heads California endives
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 pound shrimp - deveined and peeled
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
1 large avocado - pitted, and cubed
1. Cut the ends from endive. Separate leaves and place onto serving tray.
2. Into a saute pan heat butter over medium heat. Add shrimp, season with salt and red pepper flakes. Cook until shrimp are opaque. Remove from heat.
3. Chop shrimp into bite sized pieces and place into a small bowl. Add cilantro, avocado and a squeeze of lime juice. Gently toss to combine.
4. Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon onto each endive leave.
5. Garnish with lime slices and additional cilantro if desired.
Paula Jones is one of five food bloggers associated with our OnDiva ambassadorship. She is the author behind the food blog, bellalimento.