Sweet Potato & Endive Hash with Sriracha Buttermilk Sauce
1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk, well-shaken
1 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
1/4 tsp sriracha sauce (or more if you like it hot)
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/4 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
3/4 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp salt
4 heads endive, thinly slice crosswise
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup minced cilantro
In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, mayonnaise, sriracha sauce and salt until combined.
Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add sweet and russet potatoes and cook until just tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet (preferably cast-iron) set over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the cooked sweet and russet potatoes and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the endive and green onions and cook until the potatoes are starting to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro. Divide between 6 plates and drizzle with sriracha buttermilk sauce.
Dara Michalski is one of five food bloggers associated with our OnDiva ambassadorship. She is the writer, recipe developer and photographer behind the award-winning food blog, Cookin’ Canuck.