Vegetable Stir-Fry with Endive and Shiitake Mushrooms
2 tsp canola oil
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz. shiitake mushrooms, sliced
8 oz. crimini (Baby Bella) mushrooms, sliced
4 heads endive, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced crosswise
1 tbsp plus 2 tsp soy sauce
3/4 tsp chili garlic sauce
1. Heat the canola oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat.
2. Add the ginger and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook for additional 30 seconds.
3. Add the shiitake and crimini mushrooms, and cook until the mushrooms are almost soft, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the endive and cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the soy sauce and chili-garlic sauce. Serve.
Dara Michalski is one of five food bloggers associated with our OnDiva ambassadorship. She is the writer, recipe developer and photographer behind the award-winning food blog, Cookin’ Canuck.